Faulty Urinal Water Management System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,
I came across a 'water management system' in a customers pub. The trough urinal is not flushing and service valve is fully open. The control unit (inclusive of proximity sensor) is wired to the mains via a switched fused spur socket, which is in turn wired to a solenoid valve. The adjacent urinal, with the same system on the same cold feed is operating normally so I deduce its the WMS.

The ceiling space is tight so I want to be sure what I'm doing before I start tinkering.

Would it be possible to check the function of solenoid/control unit without removing and then replace the faulty component? Are they interchagable or do I simply replace the lot. How do I check to see if the socket is working properly? (I had a bad experience with one of those light pens!) Are solenoids more prone to failure because they are a moving component? Any advice on where to start extremely appreciated. Cheers

Sponsored Links
To check socket check between live and neutral on output side and expect 230V.That'll prove supply and fuse and stop anything tripping(RCD,RCCBO)

Cistermisers have a reset switch on them try this, they then go through a purge and fill cycle. The parts are interchangable but for the cost and sake of things its easier to change the lot ,sometimes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back