Ideal Mexico Super 2 CF 60 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Central Heating failure occurred this morning. Hot water and Heating failed. Investigation shows that pilot light is still lit but main burner does not light on demand from system. Have checked Zone valves (two) and they both motor when the stats are turned. Have checked pump and shaft spins up when the system turns on. Have checked Gas Control Valve electrical connections with multi-meter and I get voltage at the terminals when the system is turned on but still no gas to the main burner. This indicates to me that the Gas Control Valve solenoid is faulty and I need a new valve unit. The Gas Control Valve is a Honeywell VR 4700 E 1031. Before I go and fork out £50-£60 for a new valve how can I be 100% certain that this is the problem? Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
If u checked it with a multimeter yes u have around 230/235 volts then the solinoids gone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back