Ideal mexico super 2 RS60 issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old Ideal Mexico super 2 RS60 has developed an issue where the heating/hot water has become intermittent. I've tested power to the gas valves solenoid which is a steady 248v ac when the controls are calling for heat but the solenoid doesn't seem to have enough pull to suck in the plunger. So my question do the solenoids usually fail completely or can they go week. My solenoid does still have have some magnetic pull but seems weak to me but I don't know how much pull it should have. Another thought is could the plunger be sticking.

Sponsored Links
sorry it is against site rules to give you advice on gas work, but your problem is completely repairable, you will need a registered gas engineer though and not someone who will just want to replace your great workhorse

Hello Bryan,

Why do you think it’s the gas valve at fault? Please be careful about asking for gas related advice in a public forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back