Whirlpool ADP 952 Control Knob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few months ago I had a problem with the salt light erroneously coming on and now the rinse aid light is doing the same - the dispenser unit is full of rinse aid but the light stays on ... unless I wiggle the control knob.

I am also geting continuos flashing of the first green LED but none of the spray arms are blocked or impeded.

Is the control knob a known problem on these ageing dishwashers....the machine seems to be in good condition apart from the above problem

thanks
MIke

Sponsored Links
Is it the start button that flashes or a program led? An error code on these machines is usually manifested by a flashing start led. Any particular pattern to the flashes? ("x flashes" - pause - "x flashes"). The program knob is mechanically attached to to the pcb. If it is a very old machine I suppose there could be a wear issue involved, but I would think perhaps it is more likely to occur within the pcb rather than on the program knob itself.

Hi, Zipper, thanks for posting.

1. The problem is intermittent.

2. The machine can start a wash without problems but the rinse aid LED can flicker off and on even though he rinse aid dispenser is full.

3. The LED that sometimes flashes for whole or even part of the wash cycle is the one above the rinse cycle symbol. The sprays arms have been chekced several times as per customer manual.

4. The knob motion (woops!) does not feel smooth when it is rotated and can have an effect on whether or not the rinse aid LED stays illuminated.

5. The wash cycle is fine with every thing coming out clean but I would like to fix the problem before it gets any worse.

Thanks

Mike

If the start button doesn't flash at all it is unlikely there is an actual fault on the machine (as far as faults go). From what you describe it sounds more like good old wear & tear somewhere between the program selector spindle & pcb. I suppose you could try & take off the control panel & inspect for any kind of mechanical wear in that particular area. Do you have the service number of this machine? it should look something similar to this: 8542 952 01010

Sponsored Links
You must have the same machine - that is the service number on mine....I will take the panel apart later today or tomorrow and have a look at what is going on with the knob/panel.

Mike

I think that would be a good place to start. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a sloppy selector cam in the pcb...that's a bit worse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back