whirlpool awg 338 washing machine's drum is no more rotating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody,

I have a Whirlpool washing machine AWG338, which is shipped with a brushless engine. So has no carbon within, but seems to be working with an electronic card to manage the rotation of the engine.

Nowadays, the washing programs stop during the wash. The machine was used to rotate the drum in both directions initially and has gradually stopped rotating in one sense.

Today the drum rotates well at the beginning of the program in one sense, then try to start to turn in the opposite sense and stops abruptly, interrupting the washing program cycle.

From there the programmer continues to run and click, but not the drum anymore.

Any suggestions or ideas to help in diagnostic the situation would be much more appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
When the drum should be turning but isn't, does the motor make a humming or buzzing sound? If so it will be one or more faulty starter capacitor. There are 2 capacitors listed for your machine but I can't access a blow up diagram so I'm not sure if it has 1 or 2 fitted. One is specified as 16 microfarad. These capacitors are cylindrical items fixed with an 8mm stud and nut to the machine casing. The capacitance value is marked using the Greek lower case letter Mu followed by F then the number of microfarads. Do not confuse the capacitor/s with the mains suppressor filter which is connected direct to the mains cable of the appliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back