Whirlpool bath dodgy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Old Villeroy & Boch whirlpool bath is unreliable.
The small control panel shows:
* power light is on: red light when no water, green light when there is water in the bath reaching above the jets.
* all the other buttons are off and not working and I cannot start the whirlpool.

It was working fine when tenants moved in but stop working soon after. I bought the house with the whirlpool already in, i think it could be 15/20years of age. There is no access to the pump as there is no bath panel but it has been tiled instead.

Is there a way to know if the problem is with the pump or if the problem is with the electronic of the control panel or could it be anything else?

Can I lift this little control panel to check without breaking it?

Who is qualified to check or repair, an electrician or a plumber?

Thanks.

Letty

Attachments

• Controlpanel.jpg
    Controlpanel.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Bath.jpg
    Bath.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 176
Sponsored Links
Would suggest you are going to have to consider taking the tiles off if they haven’t consider access. You probably aren’t going to learn much from lifting the control panel. Although it does appear to have power

Get in touch with Villeroy and Boch, quality piece of kit. I'm sure they'll keep you right with what model it is and or the MI for it, might not be cheap though depending on what it needs.

Front panel certainly needs to come off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back