Whirlpool bath wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

Ive just installed new bathroom suite with whirlpool bath, what I want to know is can I wire the bath directly to the now unused electric shower cable (6mm) which is still connected to mains circuit breaker unit, but switched off and locked off. yes I know about part p regs etc, and can get it checked... all I want to know is can it be done that way, or still would it need to be fit to a separate rccb..

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This work is legally notifiable to the Local Authority Building Control before you start the work -

either for a large fee, or you can employ a registered electrician who will self-certify it.

Sponsored Links
Hi folks

Ive just installed new bathroom suite with whirlpool bath, what I want to know is can I wire the bath directly to the now unused electric shower cable (6mm) which is still connected to mains circuit breaker unit, but switched off and locked off. yes I know about part p regs etc, and can get it checked... all I want to know is can it be done that way, or still would it need to be fit to a separate rccb..
It can be done, obviously you need to comply to the relevant building regulations and the guidance within BS761 (aka wiring regs).
The appliance requires to have 30mA RCD protection and the circuit will require to be down fused, which will be stated in the manufactured instruction. The connection beneath the bath will require to be suitable for the environmental conditions of that location and have a capacity to have 6mm cable terminated to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back