Whirlpool Tumble Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have the Philips Whirlpool Tumble Dryer AWG 210 / 7WH but most of the time it just gets luke warm. Sometimes it will get hot like it did when new, today being the first time for a while. Would appreciate advice please.

Thank you
Vic

Sponsored Links
does it dry your clothes efffectively?

what was the load today, and was it different from the usual?

Is yours a sensor drier?

They are not supposed to get "hot" as the heat is meant to be used up drying the clothes. Once they get hot, the clothese must be dry.

Hi JohnD, thank you for your reply.

does it dry your clothes efffectively?

Apart from today it takes an excessive amount of time to dry clothes, even a small amount of clothes. This was not the case when it was first bought.

what was the load today, and was it different from the usual?

Normal load. Plenty of room left in the drum for it to tumble.

Is yours a sensor drier?

Sensor drier?

They are not supposed to get "hot" as the heat is meant to be used up drying the clothes. Once they get hot, the clothese must be dry

Thats the problem it doesent normally get anywhere near hot which it did do when it was new. It has two settings on the front, one for delicates (warm) and one for cottons etc (hot)

To take several hours to dry a few clothes when it use to take about an hour says something is wrong. It is only just warm on the hot setting.

Probably the thermostat or element gone for the high heat setting. Or maybe even just the switch if you are switching from one to the other frequently.

Sponsored Links
Hi jj4091, thank you for your reply,

I was more inclined to think it was the thermostat rather than the element given that it does get hot on the odd occasion but wanted confirmation from someone more knowledgable. Is there any way I can confirm one way or the other?

As for the heat settings, this is done by pushing a button for either synthetics (warm) or cotton (hot). Its always on the Cotton (hot) setting.

You can check the thermostats for continuity with a multi meter, there may be one of them that is resetable by pressing a small (often red) button in the centre of it. If it has mechanically tripped then you probably have an obstruction to the air flow & will need to clear all the fluff out of the vent pipe

There is a red button on the back which I've pressed but from what I've read elsewhere you should hear an audible click or feel it click, it does neither and hasn't made any difference anyway. Vent pipes are clear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back