Who is the manufacturer of this B&Q shower?

Sponsored Links
B&Q have had some problems with emails not getting through - they mention this on their website.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/templates/content_lookup.jsp?content=/bq/contactus/contact_us.jsp

Try phoning up. I have found B&Q most helpful. Once had a mixer shower tap and the lever broke off. B&Q customer services gave me the contact details for their supplier. I phoned their supplier and they sent me a complete new mixer tap worth £150! I did tell them I only wanted a new lever (it was screw-in item) but they said they don't stock spares, only complete showers. Makes you wonder what the mark up is if they send a whole new shower. Very good service though.

B&Q Customer Services 0845 609 6688

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I sent the first email several weeks ago, before the outage mentioned on their web site, and a second a few days ago, no reply to either.
With the phone you put someone on the spot, they're very unlikely to know the answer. With email they have the chance to look into it and then respond. Disappointing not to receive any response at all.
So now I'll pursue a £300 warranty claim with them, whereas before I would have been OK to find & fit the relevant service part.

Thought I'd give the conclusion to this story.

B&Q eventually replied to my emails.

The "manufacturer" of the shower (importer?) turned out to be PJH Group, based in Manchester.
http://www.pjhgroup.com/products/private-label

I still wanted B&Q to either send me the correct part, or replace the shower, or honour the warranty in some way, so I refused to speak to PJH directly.

A few weeks later I received a new cartridge in the post, directly from PJH, with no accompanying letter or explanation.

I stripped down the shower further than I had before and found that the replacement cartridge wasn't anything like the correct one.
I cleaned all the parts in limescale remover and reassembled it.

It's been fine ever since.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back