Whole of house pumped system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently have a gravity fed Domestic Water System (see diag 1).

Want to install a whole of houser pumped system to feed 2 bathrooms and a kitchen. When comes to install guides and diagrams all i can find is ones that supply single showers. Is what I propose in diagram 2 correct?

thanks

diagram 1 - (think you can click on image to enlarge)

diagram 2 - (think you can click on image to enlarge)

Sponsored Links
What size pump are you fitting how may litres per min?
What size is your hotwater tank?
What is the pressure and flow rate of your mains?

If you are feeding 2 bathrooms at the same time your hot water cylinder may need upsizing and likewise you may need 2 cold water storage tanks linked to keep up with the demand.

Pete

Pumps will be noisy and often draw air from the vent is teed at the wrong place.

Unvented or heatstore is the answer for quite operation mains pressure permitting.

Thanks for your replies. There are only 2 of us living in the property and I am aware of the need to have suitable tank sizes.

I am planning to get a 2.5 or 3 bar pump

Really I'm just wondering if my plan is correct as set out in diagram 2 and described below :

1. cut into the existing cold water supply pipe (labelled [DCWS] in diag 1) from the tank and route it to the pumps cold water 'IN' hose

2. take the pumps cold water 'OUT' hose and connect it back to the continuation of the DCWS pipe

3. install a Surrey flange

4. Cut into the existing hot water supply pipe (labelled [DHWS] in diag 1)coming from the top of the tank and cap it

5. take one of the outlets of the Surrey flange and connect it to the hot water expansion pipe

6. take the other outlet from the Surrey flange and route it the the pumps hot water 'IN' hose

7. take the pumps hot water 'OUT' hose and connect it back to the continuation of the DHWS pipe

diagram 1.

diagram 2.

Sponsored Links
Using the surrey flange should prevent air being drawn in.
Make sure your head is suffice to operate the flow switch otherwise a neg head pump will be reqd.

Otherwise it all looks good.

Pete

Depending on finances of course. How about an accumulator and high flow combi. Look into it. No noisy expensive pumps and instant DHW.

Thanks for all your help.

I guess a 300 pump is cheaper than a combi and the associated gas fitter costs so a pump it is.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back