Wickes 5 tonne drain cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought this for a neighbour's driveway. I chose it because a car will drive over it daily. The company's official info. sheet is attached. But the Wickes info. says " not suitable for anything heavier than pedestrian traffic". Can you see why I'm confused? I know that Wickes used to sell the first one in the list so I suspect they haven't amended their sheet. If you look on the Wickes website you'll see that the 5 tonne is the only one they now sell of this type and my invoice definitely says 5t so if the car disappears down the hole who will be to blame?

Attachments

• C1906_240730_TECH_0 (1).pdf
    276.5 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
Wickes cock a lot of things up on their website IME, so find some independent means of checking.

Blup

Which one did you get? if you got the - PC6BG = 5 tonne GPW - then it's not pedsetrian only, it's rated for a 5T loading. It's the PC6AG that's the pedestrian only one.

Any concerns then call Clarke Drain??

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Clark Drain is going to call me this morning. I saw the list of the various loads on their website and I'm sure it's the 6BG one but there's no identification mark that I can see on it. The Wickes site says pedestrian only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back