Wilo Para - accidentally changed mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. New around here and looking for some help.

I believe my toddler has pressed the green mode button on the wilo Para which is fitted to our water tank.

We suspected something was wrong quite quickly and the tank has now been seemingly in full heating or pump mode for 2 days. The heating is not on and the boiler isn't running. So we have no idea what it's actually doing.

I found the manual and pressed the button a few times but I have no idea what it was actually set to. However no matter the mode, even if it sounds quiet, it's not going off entirely. This is for our hot water.

I've never actually sat and listened to it when the heating is off but strikes me as odd that it's on all the time.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I see this is also used for under floor heating etc but this is our central heating water tank that it's connected to

I've set it to differential pressure variable, mode 1, which seemed the closest match Nd quietest but is based on absolutely no experience or knowledge on this topic.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone. New around here and looking for some help.

I believe my toddler has pressed the green mode button on the wilo Para which is fitted to our water tank.

We suspected something was wrong quite quickly and the tank has now been seemingly in full heating or pump mode for 2 days. The heating is not on and the boiler isn't running. So we have no idea what it's actually doing.

I found the manual and pressed the button a few times but I have no idea what it was actually set to. However no matter the mode, even if it sounds quiet, it's not going off entirely. This is for our hot water.
What do you mean by "This is for our hot water" Is it circulating water from the boiler through a heating coil or what, is your cylinder just a HW cylinder or a Thermal store, post a few photos of the cylinder and cylinder data label, and pump with piping, if possible.
I've never actually sat and listened to it when the heating is off but strikes me as odd that it's on all the time.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I see this is also used for under floor heating etc but this is our central heating water tank that it's connected to

I've set it to differential pressure variable, mode 1, which seemed the closest match Nd quietest but is based on absolutely no experience or knowledge on this topic.
I have attached the MIs for what I think is your pump with different settings, page 43 ish.

Attachments

• Wilo Para.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 45
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my vague initial question; as you may be able to tell, this is not my field!

1710934978444.png

As I understand the pump should only be on when there is a demand for hot water from the system, eg we flip the heating on or take a shower, but it's on constantly..I've tried the other modes and set it back to the default (constant, mode 1) but its still seemingly doing 'something' 24/7 and is audible at all times, as opposed to just being audible when heating is on etc.

Hope this adds some clarity to my question

Thaks

Sponsored Links
It looks like the circ pump for both your HW (coil) heating and the CH, if so, then more than likely a problem with one of the end switches in the motorized valves has failed closed although this should also cause the boiler to cycle on/off at night even if programmed off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back