Win 10 addity on boot/ resume

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As Win10 boots or resumes from hibernation, it pauses at a photograph and the actual photo varies. My laptop seems to be stuck on one particular photo, with a small black panel in the bottom right corner, which says 'Garden Room Ali Dimock' with a forward/back, pause/play symbols included. None of the buttons appears to do anything. It doesn't make any difference, but I am just curious - pressing return twice makes it continue to load Win10.

Sponsored Links
Try changing your Lock-screen /background setting. Sounds as though it might be set to Slideshow now.

My Windows 10 laptop is set to show a different lockscreen image each day (served by MicroSoft). When I had a Windows 10 Mobile phone, the two were sync'd. It is called Windows Spotlight.

If your is stuck on a particular image, and you want to continue to have the random images, follow this link.

Turn of the feature and then turn it back on. Alternatively, just disable Windows Spotlight if you don't want it.

BTW, if you don't have internet access, the image would be the same each day until you have internet access.

Thanks, that sorts part of the problem, but I still have the 'Garden Room Ali Dimock' showing in the corner.

[EDIT] Sorted I don't know what was causing it, but I went into Settings / Startup and unticked a few of the unnecessary startup items. A bonus is that the boot time is now much faster :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just in case, check you hard drive your OS located on. I had a case when pretty same Windows loading issues were the first sigh of HDD dying.

Last edited:
Back