Window fitting quality

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I've had a new window fitted but I'm not happy with it and want your opinions please, to see if I'm being too fussy or if I'm right to not be happy.

The strips up the sides to me look awful, they cover a gap of 15mm on one side and up to 10mm on the other, which to me is utterly dreadful. They should be ideally no more than 5 a side.

It's a finish I'm not happy with, it falls below standards in my book.

What are your toughts? Photos included.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd say the silicone looks a bit messy. I didn't notice the 15mm vs 10mm gap, but might that be due to the opening not being square?

Ultimately it doesn't matter now what we think as you've already stated it falls below your standards

I'd be more annoyed by the fact the tops not finished at all. to be fair doesn't look like the brick work is the straightest the downpipe side, maybe a quadrant would have looked better, but you are the customer and you don't like it...but I have a suspicion what the fitter will say

Sponsored Links
Pretty standard fit for most company's I'm afraid, Possible even slightly better than average.
What is the inside like? If you have very thick plaster reveals/tiles they may have made it a little narrower deliberately to compensate

Pretty standard fit for most company's I'm afraid, Possible even slightly better than average.
What is the inside like? If you have very thick plaster reveals/tiles they may have made it a little narrower deliberately to compensate

Exactly what I was thinking, 5 or 6 bricks above the cill looks like the narrowest point with the window being made 10mm narrower than that, a consiquence is that it's narrower elsewhere which needs a work around, all part of being a fitter, some are good at finishing and hiding discrepancies while others have a 'it'll do, can't see it from my house' attitude.

You often hear the saying 'it's all in the fitting', well there you are!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back