window hinges that work to pull seal tighter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

A lot of the top hung windows on my house close tightly near the handle but not at the top. Some are so bad there is no squeeze on the seal and air leaks. Its an old house with a mixture of PVC windows of differing ages but they visually look good and the DG units dont fog etc so Im sure they are good enough to keep in situ.

The top of the hinges where you get the triangle point and recess to pul the window in is very shallow. I have seen newer ones in a couple of windows I have replaced and my windows at work have hinges with a much more agressive pull in angle.

Can anyone recomend a good place to get them off the net I need a whole mixture of sizes.

Also whats the story with the 13mm and 17mm is this the hinge stack height when closed? why the two options?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
great thanks.

Crank39 I think you helped me out with the wedges!

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back