Windows fitted with expanding foam only?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It looks as if my builder has used expanding foam only to fit my new wooden windows - is this good practice and approved by FENSA? I can't see any evidence of any mechanical fixings.

Sponsored Links
is this good practice and approved by FENSA? I can't see any evidence of any mechanical fixings.

The fixings could be hidden from untrained eyes :) Kind of makes a neat install.

Ask fensa,they will offer some reply :love:

Yup you could be right - I suppose I was expecting to see some screw heads in the vertical frames but nothing visible. I'll see if I can get the lowdown from Fensa. Cheers

It seems from your reply that this would indeed be bad practice?

I've replaced some at home that were just foamed in. Made them nice and easy to get out with just a saw.

Sponsored Links
It looks as if my builder has used expanding foam only to fit my new wooden windows - is this good practice and approved by FENSA? I can't see any evidence of any mechanical fixings.
When I had wooden windows the fixing were all hidden, it was the way the windows were constructed which allowed for this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back