Wireless headphones issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have sennheisser wireless headphones plugged into the tv (which allows for quieter sound coming out of the actual tv and louder volume through the headphones). All fine, except that lately, the sound through the headphones has changed to a loud, horrid crackle and hiss. We have tried re tuning and also altering the channel at the base of the transmitter/charger. These headphones work in a radio when set up with that.

We are getting to the stage where we are considering that we may need to buy a new tv, but that seems a very expensive solution.

Hoping, as always, that someone out there may be able to help, thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a spare pair of headphones/earplugs that you can use. If the crackle remains, then it's the TV, but if it goes, then it's the headphones.

It's possibly a spot of corrosion on the headphone socket
A small can of switch cleaner and plugging the headphones in and out a few times might clear it

Thanks, I tried a different set of headphone and the crackle remains.
I shall now try switch cleaner idea - but can you please tell me more specifically what to use? Would WD40 work?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I tried a different set of headphone and the crackle remains.
I shall now try switch cleaner idea - but can you please tell me more specifically what to use? Would WD40 work?

No. WD 40 is a moisture repellent, not a lubricant.

WD40 = water displacement version 40.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back