Wireless programable thermostat recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I currently have a programable hard wired thermostat on the upstairs landing of my house. Ideally, id like it to be in the lower hallway, but i can't track a wire to the new location.

I was considering Siemens Rev24 or Honeywell CMT927, but would really like the benefit of your experiences before i spend about £100 on the wrong one.

Looking for several temp/time changes per day, as well as 7 day programming.

Looking forward to your recommendations.
Many thanks
Huw169

Sponsored Links
I have fitted many of the Honeywell, it offers all the features you want and many more, easy to use and not ugly, only downside is the batteries only last around 6 months, i have one in my house

I have fitted many of the Honeywell, it offers all the features you want and many more, easy to use and not ugly, only downside is the batteries only last around 6 months, i have one in my house
I have a Vaillant VRC430f - the batteries last about 3-4 months! Bought some high capacity NiMH rechargeables, which help.

When I had the Honeywell I didn't have to replace the batteries till it was 3 years old!

Sponsored Links

When I had the Honeywell I didn't have to replace the batteries till it was 3 years old!

god knows how you managed that then, did you turn it off during summer ?

Honeywell all the way.. batteries last well over a year - never use rechargeables though.
I beg to differ. Modern high capacity NiMH batteries experience voltage stability through the discharge cycle that beats many alkaline ones. They work well on the 430f, equalling alkalines in my unit.

With no 'love' for the Siemense, i'll go for the Honeywell then.

Many thanks for your replies, and a useful bit of battery info :LOL: .

Huw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back