Wireless thermostat problems...

The problem is usually "blocking" whereby the receiver cannot see the wanted signal because of the presence of the interfering signal.

He has implied that the wireless thermostat is "new" but has not confirmed that point.

I am wondering if he has had a "new" installation using "old stock" !

Tony

Sponsored Links
As I say the installers are going to replace the Drayton with the Honewell thermostat as Honeywell have a 868MHz frequency which operates on an intermitant 10 millisecond signal. They say that this will never get problems from static signal hardware.

let you know how it goes when its fitted

I don't think the thermostat is old stock as Drayton said themselves that the older versions were 418MHz mine is 433MHz.

And Drayton have emailed me to say they know interference is a problem.

However since using their great troubleshooting document which also has a signal strength test, I have been able to sight the thermostat 20m away but with great results so far!! NO INTERFERENCE at all yipppeeeee! :LOL:

Thanks to Gina in customer services at Drayton by the way, great help. Thanks!

Wish all customer services were as efficient and genuinely helpful!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back