Wireless Thermostat Recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have a new Avanta Plus 39c fitted, works very nice. In need of a wireless thermostat to control the temp. Any recommendations and advice?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
check Remeha for their own brand of progs, weather comps etc

they have a good range ready to plug nplay

Thanks, The only one I could find was Celcia 20 which is not wireless. How about Honeywell CMT921 Wireless, would that be OK?

Cheers

if ya keep yer powder dry and keep bumping yer post until

ye see a D-HAILSHAM come on, the mans a demon with controls etc

esp for broag remehas, think doitall is up there 2

100% there is a wireless option ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks, The only one I could find was Celcia 20 which is not wireless. How about Honeywell CMT921 Wireless, would that be OK?

Cheers

the honeywell cmt 927 rf

or the salus rt500rf

or the siemens rev24 rf

but as said hang fire for other more knowledgable posters on the avanta

have ye thought about weather compensators?

Thanks, had thought about the weather componsator but not required at this stage. House is most of the times occupied so wireless thersmostat would be good enough to manage the boiler.
Honeywell CMT927 maybe a good option.

Many thanks for your replies anyway. Much appreciated.

Nope, we havenot been, I was then talking about Celcia 20 which is not the option just now. I would not dare to waste your time. ;)

Thanks, had thought about the weather componsator but not required at this stage. House is most of the times occupied so wireless thersmostat would be good enough to manage the boiler.
Honeywell CMT927 maybe a good option.
That would be a good choice. You could use it with an external termperature sensor (part no 50153) to give weather compensation.

There are two ways of wiring the CM927 to the 39C boiler - volt free or 230v. Volt free is probably better.

Connect the L and N terminals of the receiver to the X2/4 (L) and X2/5 (N) terminals

Remove link between X9/7 and X9/8

Connect the receiver A and B terminals to boiler X9/7 and X9/8

Honeywell have a new thermostat coming out soon, the CM957, which is an Opentherm version of the CM927.

Siemens rev24 rf is the best one I have used so far, closely followed by the honeywell cm 927

How can this give weather compensation? the only comunication with boiler is on/off via the AB terminals

Well you aren't going to get WEATHER compensation from a room stat! You can still use the external sensor though.
The honeywell prog stats are optimising, and the boiler monitors its own response, and you can play with the flow temp on the boiler, so you've got more than enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back