Wiring a new Honeywell motorised valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I fitted a Honeywell V4073A mid position valve, I have a Danfoss SET3M heating/hot water programmer, a Danfoss RMT-230 room stat and a CS cylinder stat. I have wired all as far as I can see as recomended wiring diagrams but when I switch on the heating with the room stat up the boiler fires and the pump starts, pipes heat up but it does not pump around the radiators until i turn the hot water switch on the programmer. I should imagine there may be a fault with the valve connections but do not want to just swap the wires over in case it damages something.

Sponsored Links
First thing to look at, did you fit the valve correctly port A to the radiators and port B to the cylinder.

I agree certainly does sound like the valve could be the wrong way round, or a slight boo boo with the wiring :D

I fitted the valve exactly as the previous one was fitted with the lever pointing in the same direction so I don't think there is a problem there I think the problem lies with the wiring. I have also realised that the water in the cylinder is not heating up although both sides of the valve are hot. I have connected the orange wire to the black from the cylinder stat which then connects to the switched live on the boiler, the grey to the grey from the cylinder stat then onto terminal 3 of the programmer and the white to the yellow of the room stat as far as I can tell from the wiring diagrams this is correct. Unless of course someone out there Knows better.

Sponsored Links
Con 3 on most progs is HW on which would go to the common of the cyl stat, No1 (prog) would be connected to the grey

Thanks to Peruse and Fazedup71 I looked at which way round I had fitted the valve and guess what d**k head here had fitted it the wrong way round. Easy done though I just fitted the new one with the lever in the same position as the old one, I never even thought that different makes had the lever on different sides. Anyway filled up system, hot water works fine heating does not call at all. Re checked connection box and found common wire to room stat had broken but was still in the connector.
All is now well and working great, thanks again to all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back