Wiring a Worcester Greenstar 24i to a Sunvic RF Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just had a Greenstar 24i Junior boiler installed. As part of building regs, I have been told that I have to have a Thermostat. I have purchased a Sunvic TLX RFP Thermostat and programmer. My problem is this.

Following the wiring diagrams issued with the boiler and the stat, I have a red (status) light on the reciever, and when the programmer sends a signal to the reciever, a green light is seen and a click is heard (a relay kicking in). :p

BUT, the boiler will not fire even when the programmer is trying to ask for an additional 8 degrees!! :(

The reciever has been wired as 'volt free' but now I am wondering if it need to be 240v? :rolleyes:

Can anyone help?

The connections in the boiler are LR (switched live), LS (live) and NS (neutral)

The connections on the stat (volt free) are Live Supply, Neutral Supply, Switched Live Output and Live From Load.

In the 240 configuration, there is a Live Supply, Neutral Supply and Live Output.

Sponsored Links
L+N from fused spur needs to either to be wired to boiler and receiver, or from fuse spur to receiver and back out to boiler. Its up to you which is the easiest way.

You then need 2 wires from No 2 + 4 (on receiver) and connect to LR +LS on boiler (after removing the link)

:confused: why are you having to supply and wire the boiler, surely your Rgi would be doing it?

Gremlin, thanks for the advice, I am presuming from your reply that the receiver should wired for be 240V?

The reason why I am wiring it myself, is to save money!!! :oops: Basically I supplied the boiler and all the bits, my installer (who has done work for me before) has done all the gas work and commissioned the boiler, but the last bit is wiring in the stat.

Thanks for your advice! :D

It's 2 and 3 on the receiver.

And thats probably one of the worst RF stats you can buy!!

edit: i can now see why you chose it :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It's 2 and 3 on the receiver.

And thats probably one of the worst RF stats you can buy!!

edit: i can now see why you chose it :rolleyes:

Well, I went to my Local B & Q and they sold me a Drayton one that came with no instructions, and was damaged and also out of the Drayton warranty. For reasons that I won't go into (dog and reciepts don't mix :evil: ), could only get store credit, so I am left with this one, and it was cheaper!!

As long as it works for now, then I am happy. I will replace it in the fullness of time with a 'proper' one instead of a Tomy 'My First RF Stat' ;) .

Job done, all wired in as a 240v instead of volt free, all seems to be working OK!! :D :D

Thanks for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back