Help with install of Sunvic wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a Wireless Thermostat to replace the existing Sunvic dial type.

I opted for a Sunvic TLX RFP as I thought the wiring would be simpler between different devices in the same manufacturers range but how wrong could I be.

The manual is confusing and the printed terminal designations on the unit are different as is the diagram on their website so I'm not clear as to which of the existing wires go where!

The unit has a voltage or wired free option.

Here is the wiring on the existing thermostat:

sunvic-orig.jpg

The Neutral is unused. Live and the yellow wires are the switched supply and Blue Neutral, all nice and simple.

Here is the rear of the TLX:

sunvic-tlx.jpg

The red link wire remove for Volt-Free use or left in-situ for mains switching.

Bottom centre is Neutral.

Can anyone advise on which terminals I use?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for such a fast reply! Just to confirm, the link wire remains in-situ with Live both on same terminal?

Thank you for such a fast reply! Just to confirm, the link wire remains in-situ with Live both on same terminal?

?

the link stays where it is, the red goes in Lin with it..
Yellow to SL (on)
Blue to neutral..

Sponsored Links
Thanks, appreciate your help.

Wish I'd asked here before buying the Sunvic as I'd thought it would sit flush, the ruddy receiver is mahoosive!

Still if it does the job perhaps I can consider something better at a later date.

What boiler have you got? Combi or conventional system?

You could probably fit the receiver elsewhere and just fit the actual roomstat where the old one was. Although defeats the idea of having a wireless one really! :confused:

It's a standard boiler. It's not a big issue and I can always consider countersinking a standard knockout box into the wall so that just the face plate stands proud.

Job for another day that!

I have these.

I am sure it says they must be surface mounted. The ideal thong is to install the receiver remotely, probably near you wiring centre or boiler. And just have the wireless thermostat in the room.

The receiver is remote, it's in the hall where the previous thermostat was.

It's designed to be flush OR surface mounted. The install instructions state that it can be mounted to a countersunk knockout box if one is available, otherwise use the supplied surface mount box.

I have had a valliant eco pro 28 kw combi installed with a sunvicTLX RFP Volt Free timer/thermostat. I am fitting timer myself. Can somebody confirm that off the buzz bar, i wire teminal 3 to L in, terminal 4 to SL on and terminal 5 tpo neutral from boiler to stat receiver. thanks

Andy

I have had a valliant eco pro 28 kw combi installed with a sunvicTLX RFP Volt Free timer/thermostat. I am fitting timer myself. Can somebody confirm that off the buzz bar, i wire teminal 3 to L in, terminal 4 to SL on and terminal 5 tpo neutral from boiler to stat receiver. thanks

Andy

Yes thats correct!

Thanks londonboy. That's what I thought. Bloody thing isn't working. Doesn't seem to detect the tranceiver.

Thanks londonboy. That's what I thought. Bloody thing isn't working. Doesn't seem to detect the tranceiver.

You should have started a new thread really.

In the thermostat receiver did you remember to link L and 2? Its a volt free thermostat, so it needs to get its power from 3 ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back