Replacing Sunvic TLX RFP wireless thermostat with TLX RFPv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm replacing my faulty Sunvic TLX RFP with the current model, which is the TLX RFPv. Mostly because I thought this would be easy. However the wiring of the RF receiver is now slightly different.

The old RF receiver had the following

Neutral
Live
NO (SL on)
COM (L in)
NC (SL off)

It was wired up

Blue wire to Neutral
Brown wire to COM
Black wire to NO
NC is not connected to any wire

and the Live and COM were connected with a pre installed wire (to be removed for volt free operation - not applicable in this case)

The new RF receiver doesn't do volt free (which isn't an issue for me), but the Live and COM are not pre-connected. The new unit has the same 5 terminals.

I've connect up the the new as follows

Blue wire to Neutral
Brown wire to Live
Black wire to NO

I haven't connected the Live and COM together. The installation instructions just say to do the wiring according to the diagram, which just shows the 5 terminals.

Presumably, all I've done is power the RF Receiver ( the lights do come on), but the switch isn't actually connected properly (the central heating isn't controlled by the thermostat).

I've asked Sunvic but thought I'd see if I can get some advice on this forum.

Should I just wire the Live and COM together myself?

Doube63.

Sponsored Links
The new RF receiver doesn't do volt free
Yes it does - that's what the V stands for.

The old version was preset for 230Vac working and you had to remove the link to make it volt free. The 'v' version comes preset to volt free and you have to add the link to make it work with 230Vac systems.

Just link L to COM and your away.

Thanks for that.

I've now connected up the Live and Common and completed the setup. Still no joy with the central heating. The hot water goes, but not the central heating. I tried switching to manual but no joy there either. All the lights come on so power gets to the RF unit.

Looks like problem is some where else and its time to all a central heating engineer.

Thanks again.

Doube63.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back