Wiring Check for Thermostat and Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Big fan of this forum... Never needed to make a post because there's usually an answer somewhere!

Just moved into my new place and the stat and timer for the central heating is on the blink. The original configuration was a RS1 Stat and an EMT2 Timer (both British Gas). Both are absolutely knackered and look 15 years old minimum. The timer light flickers on and off repeatedly very quickly as well as there being an audible clicking from the stat at the same time. Eventually after about 5 mins of flickering it dies until I switch the system off and on again.

I have replaced both components with new units which both fit the standard backplate.

Stat: Drayton RTS1
Timer: Honeywell ST9100A

Programmed the timer in and checked the stat temp was high enough to trigger the CH but nothing happens. No click from the stat at all.

I have taken photos of both component backplates to confirm if they are wired correctly... I think the previous tenants had smart systems and put the old ones back when they moved out as both units were very loosely fitted. Would anybody be able to confirm the wiring please?

Stat wiring and diagram
Stat wiring.jpg Stat diagram.jpg

Timer wiring and diagram
Timer wiring.jpg Timer diagram.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I do not have a multimeter to hand just an FYI.

Jake

Sponsored Links
Voilà! As you can tell, I am not one who usually messes with wiring. Thanks so much, everything is now working.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back