wiring diagrams

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone guide me to a site wher i can aquire all the lighting circuit diagrams ie old school wiring, 2 way, 3 way etc

Ther is a post in uk electrics under lighting circuit wiring diagrams but i cant open the images and that is exactly what im looking for

Cheers

Sponsored Links
lights.bmp
two-way-plus-inter.bmp
two-way-real.bmp
Two way means either, or and having two lamps outside an office with enter and wait with a switch to select which bulb shows is still a two way lighting circuit. If you were to increase the number of bulbs to three, enter, wait and vacant wired to a three position switch that would be three way wiring. However having two, three, four or more switches to control the same set of lights is still two way wiring as it uses two way switches either up or down there is no third position.

I bought an outside two way switch which had instructions on how to control two lights rather than what we normally consider as two way being one light and two switches. I only say this as internet search for three way lighting may bring up the wrong thing. I am not picking you up on wrong wording.

You say old school
two-way-school-boy.bmp
this was how I was taught at school, yes it works, but with AC current we do not really want to wire in singles and go around the room as shown in the old school diagram. We want to use standard cables. There were some good diagrams in the old forum but they seem to have vanished with the upgrade. The ones which were there showed better how it actually connects than mine. Maybe they can be re-installed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back