wiring in new thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi duotex 28 HE A combi boiler

i have bought a Salus RT310RF wireless thermostat and some 5 core cable

can someone confirm my plan of attack is correct?

1. Turn off power to boiler
2. Remove yellow link wire in boiler

Keep the current cable in place that supplies the boiler with power, and then using my 5 core cable, connect

3. Blue end to neutral on boiler terminal block and other end to 'N' terminal on thermostat receiver
4. Brown end to Live on boiler terminal block and other end to 'L' on thermostat receiver
5. Earth cable to Earth on boiler terminal block and other end to end in a wago box. Do i cut a separate length of cable for the earth, otherwise the other end would be where the receiver is, outside of the boiler?
6. Black to connect to left side (number 1) where currently yellow loopwire is and the other end (black) to connect into 'NO'
7. Grey cable to connect to right side (number 2) where current loop wire is, and the other end (grey) to connect into 'COM'

(Boiler wiring shown below)

IMG_20200924_091815704.jpg

When connecting the Live and Neutral from the receiver into the boiler terminal block, i am assuming i can connect into the same side of the terminal block that the power supply goes in (from the fused 230v supply)

thanks

Sponsored Links
Your wiring is sound however you don't need an earth so you will be only using four cables

Sponsored Links
As far as I know any work after the fused spur is not classed as fixed wiring.

Many thanks for the replies

Can I just confirm that I am ok to connect my 5 core cable (specifically the neutral , and live) into the same side of the boiler terminal block, to where the power supply connects, as per pic below

IMG_20200924_092249293.jpg

all sorted and works fine. Thanks for the help. In the end i decided not to connect an earth wire as it says it didn't need one?

As a side question, is it normal for my boiler to keep making noises as if its running, even after i switch the heating off? it runs for about 2 minutes then goes quiet?

Probably pump overrun, so yes normal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back