Wiring Nest with Vaillant EcoTec Pro 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, hoping somebody can help...

My friend who's an electrician wired up my new Nest Heat Link, and we used the advice on this thread (https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...3rd-generation-vaillant-ecotec-pro-28.454693/) as we presumed the two boilers would be the same, even though mine is a 24 and that was a 28.

The boiler still produces hot water as the Nest doesn't control that, but the Nest is not firing up the boiler when a request for heat is sent. Even when it's manually set. The Heat Link has a green light and communicates with the thermostat no problem, but that's about it.

The only difference from the aforementioned thread was that my friend said the Nest did have an Earth terminal so he used that. Apart from that, we followed the wiring diagram from the Dry Contact diagram (as recommended) with the grey and black cables from the boiler go into 2 and 3.

Previous to installation, I had exactly the same Drayton Digistat thermostat.

Could anybody help?

Thanks very much

Henry

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back