Wiring on my heating controls (Boiler keeps firing)

The present timer does seem to be a two channel, albeit old, with a mechanical linkage for gravity setting.

However, if there is a 3 port valve (or 2 x 2 port) somewhere then it could be a fully pumped system just wired wrongly.
Would a gravity system work with the flow pipe going downwards through the pump as in the picture.

Why has the picture of the boiler wiring disappeared?

Sponsored Links
Certainly sounds like you have gravity hot water to the cylinder and pumped central heating.

If it was me, I would get one of these (easy to use):

Great help, thanks.

I was in screwfix today so just picked one of these up, It will give me an excuse to re-mount this in the kitchen rather than having to go through to the garage to turn the heating on.

I have added some more pictures just to fully confirm this will beok to wire in as per your diagram and its def a gravity fed h/w system.

2012-10-16_14-19-51_828.jpg

The red X is just pipes that were going to an old radiator I disconnected.

2012-10-16_14-19-28_163-1.jpg

The internal boiler wiring but not sure I need to touch this. and nor do I realy want to.

2012-10-15_22-06-05_841.jpg

confirm this will beok to wire in as per your diagram and its def a gravity fed h/w system.
Yes, wire as Lectrician's diagram.

Top diagram, bottom right of the instructions - also need to click on 'instructions' for pdf. but you must have a copy

As you want to move the programmer -

Remove the present programmer backplate and replace with a central heating wiring centre then simply run a new cable to the new position.
You will need (at least) 4core&earth.

You could use one of these

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thats makes sense save me running 3 cables although not to far to go.

Going to takle this on Thursday as well as draining down the system (Im sure there is some slodge in there),Inhibiter and lagging all the pipes.

Thank again.

Will let you know the outcome.

Hi,

Just fitted the new programmer and junction box.

All working correctly now. When the heating is switched off at the programmer it now turns the boiler right off.

Looks a lot better not having the modern programmer and I now located it in the kitchen.

Cost me about £70 in parts and took me about 1.5 hours to re wire.

Thanks for all the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back