Wiring Up a Frost Stat properley

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me please: I have brought a sunvic frost stat and want to wire it up to my system so it activates when the temp drops low. (will be in the loft space, which is more or less directly above the wiring centre which is in the airing cupboard). The problem is wiring it in correctly!! - I have a standard Y PLAN system in my house, which is wired in the usual way. Where do the frost stat wires need to be linked up to in the wiring centre exactly for it to work properley?

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
You need a permanant live from the wiring centre (brown or red) this should go with one side of the frost stat, then out the other side of the frost stat you need a pipe stat, then the other side of the frost stat needs to be connected to the orange from the 3 port valve.
Perm live > frost stat > pipe stat > orange 3 port.

sorry .... am back again!

so basically i need to buy a pipe thermostat too! and wire this to the frost stat and the pipe stat to the orange wire of the 3 port?

Sponsored Links
its an old baxi. nt built into mine. do you mean new boilers have frost/pipe stats built in, or like a device that turns the boiler on when the temperature in the room gets to a low level - like a built in frost stat?

i want to fit mine, hopefully tomorrow morning.

most new boilers have a built in frost stat, you need to buy a pipe stat and a frost stat

wish mine had - so basically i need a permanent live from the wiring centre to the frost stat, a wire from the frost stat to the pipe stat, a wire from the pipe stat then goes to the orange wire of the 3 port (as i have a 3 port).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back