WIRQUIN JOLLYFILL - FULL FLUSH BUTTON STAYS DOWN.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my Wirquin Jollyfill Toilet cistern.

When I flush with button 1 it flushes and refills ok

When I flush with button 2 (full flush) it flushes, but as it refills
some of the water comes through into the pan and button 2 has not come back up on its own so have to press button 2 again to get it to come back up again, but it wont do this on its own.
I have replaced the dual button assembly but this hasnt fixed it.
Can you please advise on how I could remedy this?
Thankyou !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi

Buy the replacement and you can fit all of it except the fitting into the base of the cistern. When you have it front of you it will be clear how it comes apart. FYI Twisting it will disengage it from the base.

HTH

Hi

Buy the replacement and you can fit all of it except the fitting into the base of the cistern. When you have it front of you it will be clear how it comes apart. FYI Twisting it will disengage it from the base.

HTH

Any idea how you identify which model it is so I can but a replacement flush value.
Also take it I need to swtcih off water before I remove old flush value
and fit new one, do you have any instructions ?
Thanks

Had the same problem with two of these. Fixed it on both by twisting and taking it out putting a smear of vasaline on the prongs that lift when button is pushed. Best put on with a match stick.

Many thanks to Dactyl - I had not thought about greasing the lifting prongs. Just reinstalled and it flushed correctly the first time. Dare I try again. Bloody french design.

A strip of lead wrapped around the top of the valve helps it return too. :LOL:

The cable also corrodes and begins to stick, it maybe that all you need is a new button and cable.

I ended up buying a whole new valve as identified above and fitting all but the bottom bayonet outlet.

I had thought about the lead option mentioned by Tipper but it wasn't a 100% fix, so I've now installed a small spring in the mechanism to force the latch to release the main centre valve. After 10 flushes no sticking so hopefully a cure at last. Maybe the cable is corroding inside the sheath - but the spring overcomes whatever was causing the valve to stay open. p.s. Also had to adjust the red 3 / 6 litre adjusting screw to make the latch disengage.

All of this shouldn't be necessary if it was designed properly like almost every other cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back