Wocester Junior 24i - ignition type issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above combi boiler which has recently started to play up.

Intermittently it will attempt to fire up - what looks like the pilot light turns on, but then it continues (spradically) to try and ignite. You can see the ignition continue to spark even though there is a flame.

Presure on unit perfect.

If not used for a few hours will provide central heating and hot water. After continued use the above problem strikes and things stop working.

I doubt i will attempt to fix myself, but would love some input as to potential problem(s)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary

Sponsored Links
Not sure on either count I am afraid - I have been in the property less than 1 year, and it has not been serviced in this time.

As for age, again I am at a loss, but definately not new!

Sounds like the flame rectification, the bit that tells the boiler there is a flame, does not work. that can be anything from a duff sensor to a pcb fault. It could also be dirt at the electrode or to large an opening, hence my question about service. Whatever the cause turns out to be, I would not qualify any of them as diy.

Sponsored Links
Its always a good idea to have a boiler serviced when you move into a new property.

That will identify any pending problems and give you an idea of its condition.

It would seem that you chose not to bother and now you will have to call a competent CORGI to repair it at one of the busiest times of year!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back