Woke Schools and teachers - where will it end?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Stupid woke schools and teachers wanting to teach kids in warm schools - what next? Clean water?

Crumbling schools plagued by leaks and cold, BBC finds​

Schools in urgent need of repair have told Panorama they are struggling to keep children warm in buildings that are "not fit for purpose".

At one primary in Devon, temperatures are so low that children keep gloves and coats on during some lessons.

The head teacher says despite parts of the school being seemingly impossible to heat, he has been told it does not qualify for extra money for repairs.
The Department for Education (DfE) says pupil and staff safety is "paramount".

According to the government's own figures, the average primary in England needs £300,000 worth of maintenance or upgrades, while the average secondary school needs an estimated £1.5m.

**** the young kids - who needs them?

Sponsored Links

Stupid woke schools and teachers wanting to teach kids in warm schools - what next? Clean water?

Crumbling schools plagued by leaks and cold, BBC finds​

Schools in urgent need of repair have told Panorama they are struggling to keep children warm in buildings that are "not fit for purpose".

At one primary in Devon, temperatures are so low that children keep gloves and coats on during some lessons.

The head teacher says despite parts of the school being seemingly impossible to heat, he has been told it does not qualify for extra money for repairs.
The Department for Education (DfE) says pupil and staff safety is "paramount".

According to the government's own figures, the average primary in England needs £300,000 worth of maintenance or upgrades, while the average secondary school needs an estimated £1.5m.

**** the young kids - who needs them?

My girls are in temporary accommodation because of greedy building contractors, shoddy workmanship by un- skilled cheap labour, have left the school unusable.
Building control not doing their job properly either.

I wonder how many back handers have been passed.

shambolic

They will never see a normal school life.

I despise religions, but "God Fearing" was phrase more people used to live by, in that if you did something wrong you got caught and punished.

Now we live in a world of every man seeing himself as his own god, "getting away with things is clever", and if you have some cash hidden away it'll help. If you have enough of the stuff you can wangle more, and if you have a lot you can do it legally.
The world is doomed.

I despise religions, but "God Fearing" was phrase more people used to live by, in that if you did something wrong you got caught and punished.

Now we live in a world of every man seeing himself as his own god, "getting away with things is clever", and if you have some cash hidden away it'll help. If you have enough of the stuff you can wangle more, and if you have a lot you can do it legally.
The world is doomed.

Morality has left the building. Liars are simply encouraged or not penalised, so why tell the truth if its unpalatable?

Sponsored Links
Surely "God-fearing" was the fear that if you did not live a good Christian life and live by the Bible, you would be banished to the basement?

Look on the bright side, Chancellor Hunt is reported to be considering what public services can be further cut.

Health, Education and State Pensions are big parts of public spending, but Tory voters are mostly of pension age so are treated generously.

Railways to the North have already been dropped from spending plans. Perhaps Transport can be made a bit worse.

That leaves Schools and Hospitals.

Morality has left the building. Liars are simply encouraged or not penalised, so why tell the truth if its unpalatable?
Exactly so. Much easier to tell people whatthey want to hear.

Surely "God-fearing" was the fear that if you did not live a good Christian life and live by the Bible, you would be banished to the basement?
Yes, but with the religion bit was a general idea that you should behave. You know, when cyclists used to stop at traffic lights because it was the right thing to do.

Look on the bright side, Chancellor Hunt is reported to be considering what public services can be further cut.

Health, Education and State Pensions are big parts of public spending, but Tory voters are mostly of pension age so are treated generously.

Railways to the North have already been dropped from spending plans. Perhaps Transport can be made a bit worse.

That leaves Schools and Hospitals.
A lot more than just schools and hospitals.
You can argue the toss about where the money goes, which is something like like going for Brownie points by arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. That's secondary, and puerile at best.

The overarching issue is that there isn't enough money. Bitching about it does not help. Producing multiple threads and posts bitching about it is the action of the class dunce.

I don't know how what the country should do to "get money", though productivity and balance of payments would be a start. Looking around, China, the US and quite a few others aren't getting it right either.

All recent UK governments have been keen to sell off the country's assets. Blair/Brown also broke the rules of fiscal responsibility and left a mess. Tories i.a. made just about all services worse. They all lie about it. Tories are dispicable for lying and pocket-lining, but orders of magnitude more money is needed than has gone on ridiculous bonuses and backhanders or stolen from postmasters.

I'm helping, by having a hobby which brings money from American companies into my bank account and treasury coffers. It should be taught in schools. Oh wait, people who could teach it wouldn't work for those salaries.

Last edited:
Back