Woke up to banging kettling bolier...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So....

Woke up in the early hours to the sound of loud-banging from the bolier... Checked the control panel, and there was neither demand for hot-water or heating...

So switched the boiler off and went back to bed.

Testing before I came to work, I noticed that the thermostat would fire the boiler, without the control panel switched on for heating, and due to the banging I guessed the heating valve was still shut.

- So what is the likely-hood of the heating valve microswitch being stuck permanently on, resulting in the thermostat switching the boiler on, but the valve being shut?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
on S plan 2xport valve if both shut,and microswitch stuck yes ,it will bang the boiler. usually draytons stick often

on S plan 2xport valve if both shut,and microswitch stuck yes ,it will bang the boiler. usually draytons stick often

Thanks - I'll get some replacements ordered and see what happens.. In the mean time I've taken the actuator off and left valve open

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back