Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tax dodger caught

Bernie Ecclestone, the former boss of Formula One, has admitted fraud after failing to declare more than £400m held in a trust in Singapore.
The 92-year-old billionaire did not disclose the trust when asked by tax authorities if he had wealth overseas.
Ecclestone has agreed in a civil settlement to repay £653m to HM Revenues and Customs, the court was told.

Now I want every penny lost through Covid fraud to be reclaimed - why are the Tories sitting on this - its a sure fire vote winner.

Sponsored Links
Let's hope the revenue now have the confidence to pursue others in similar situations.

Blup

Now I want every penny lost through Covid fraud to be reclaimed
Labour are ordering an investigation into both HS2 and Covid fraud

in regards to Covid, Labour will use the policy strategy that money recovered from Covid fraud can be used to pay for stuff like NHS

That's about £20ea per UK taxpayer.

I'll believe it when the chq is cashed.

Sponsored Links
Labour are ordering an investigation into both HS2 and Covid fraud

in regards to Covid, Labour will use the policy strategy that money recovered from Covid fraud can be used to pay for stuff like NHS

That will put fear into Tory voters - watch the press gear up and deflect onto UC claimants.

I doubt it they are being underunded - by design perhaps?

Budgets slashed and lack of political will to pursue. Also wealthy individuals can easily outgun hmrc in terms of legal and accountancy firepower. Quite rare for such prosecutions as it is difficult to prove intentional tax evasion when you have so many advisors to rely on. That was the ex chancellors defence i think.

Blup

Bernie upset the powers that be i reckon

Blup

Budgets slashed and lack of political will to pursue. Also wealthy individuals can easily outgun hmrc in terms of legal and accountancy firepower. Quite rare for such prosecutions as it is difficult to prove intentional tax evasion when you have so many advisors to rely on. That was the ex chancellors defence i think.

Blup
What that does it breaks the contract that society has with its public.

Sponsored Links
Back