Hull man swindles the taxpayer out of a million

are you sure?

I think the unreceipted subsistence claim for a lunch or coffee break when away from the office is quite normal.

I particularly recall one company I was at withdrew the lunch allowance and said all the engineers should return to the canteen at their nearest depot.

The overnight accommodation allowance (staying with friends) was carefully calculated to be less than the amount they could have charged for staying at one of the approved hotels.

Sponsored Links
are you sure?

I think the unreceipted subsistence claim for a lunch or coffee break when away from the office is quite normal.

I particularly recall one company I was at withdrew the lunch allowance and said all the engineers should return to the canteen at their nearest depot.

The overnight accommodation allowance (staying with friends) was carefully calculated to be less than the amount they could have charged for staying at one of the approved hotels.

Very sure - just checked with accounts dept.
What a company allows its staff to claim is one thing.
What the HMRC allow the company to claim back, especially when unreceipted, is quite another.

If you are caught fiddling your expenses in a commercial company, you'd be sacked immediately since the purpose of a company is to make a profit.. Civil service less so. MP's are more of a quandary since they could be sacked at the end of their term of office, which is why they play they fiddle in different ways.

Sponsored Links
MP's are more of a quandary since they could be sacked at the end of their term of office, which is why they play they fiddle in different ways.
You are correct in the word you used - sacked.
However, the MPs themselves tend to call it being made redundant - not so as the job is still there and, of course, they receive a pension if they have been there long enough.

Back