Wonky vegetables- just another marketing scam?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like the latest fad, pack up bunch of random normal vegetables and sell them for the same/higher price than just the regular vegetables,

tesco are doing now 5 wonky vegetables for 30p , and people are going nuts that now they can get 5 whole carrots for 30p
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tes...eg-perfect-for-stews-etc-for-only-30p-2534769

..yet.. I could go to aldi/lidl and buy the same regular carrots for even cheaper..

Sponsored Links
Not sure if I'm misreading it, but says to fill a bag full of wonky veg for 30p, so depending on the size of the bag and what goes in it, it may be a bargain?!

Not sure if I'm misreading it, but says to fill a bag full of wonky veg for 30p, so depending on the size of the bag and what goes in it, it may be a bargain?!

that's just an error in one store, it's actually 5 vegetables=30p, if you read closely.

scary_wide.jpg

see the pic, btw it was just an example.. the point is... those '' wonky'' vegetables Do not cost less than the regular ones,even they are marketed as such and by buying them supposedely you are saving the earth, yet in fact the ''normal'' ones at the normal price go to waste because now it's cool to buy the wonky stuff :D So in the end there is no less waste, but more profits to the stores thanks to this Fad.

Sponsored Links
Some celebrity chef said don't buy good looking stuff buy the wonky stuff, apparently it tastes better.

Back