Wooden Decking Posts onto Concrete Patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I am trying to erect a small fence of some sort onto the concrete patio area. The best idea i've had is to use decking balustrading but I'm not sure of the best way of attatching the wooden decking posts to the concrete patio base??
Could there also be a problem with the foot of the posts going rotten after a number years as this will be in contact with the concrete base and standing water??

Many thanks in advace for any helpful responses.

Rob

Sponsored Links
There are lots of ways to attach.. Make a simple box frame and bolt into patio. Treat with Water seal (3 coats will do it). We use this alot and have even treated MDF this way.. 8 years later it is in perfect condition. So it works

Sanfran,

Just caught up with this. Would the Waterseal treatment be suitable for sheet material like plywood? I need to reline my trailer, bottom and sides.

Or would treated MDF be better, do you think?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back