Wooden Kitchen Worktops

Ah yeah, while scanning through the thread I missed the one crucial bit of info I was after. Thanks for that, I'll let you know how it works out.
Nick.

Sponsored Links
Yes it is a Belfast (or Butler's) sink. I'm not sure what the difference is. It's pretty old.

I have opened the flap in the fireplace and removed, pro tem, the firescreen, and I have to say that the surface does seem to be drying out and I'm not getting any more mould, but people are being very careful while using it.

The house tilts a bit to the left, and unfortunately the sink is on the left-hand side of the kitchen, so water does accumulate at the back unless one is very careful not to splash, and it doesn't run off the draining board as fast as it might if everything were completely level. Therefore I have 3 vulnerable areas - the back where it joins the splashback, because of the age and angle of the house, round the tap, and under the drying rack.

I think I'm getting to the point where I can start thinking about sanding it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back