Wooden threshold and carpet gripper problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my house hasn't progressed much and I'm getting back into it, I've moved into the room that the lodger had which is the first room done. It (like the other rooms) has a hard wood threshold in the doorway. The carpet fitter put standard carpet gripper up to it which is not ideal to walk on in bare feet.
Is there a product that should be used in this situation?

I was considering flattening the spikes or replacing the strip with plain plywood and stapling the carpet down. I want to have a solution that works well before I get anymore carpets fitted.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have felt backed carpet? If so there's pinless grippers that are have some kind of tape to stick it too.

This also might be suitable to hold the carpet in place where it meets the wood:
c69an.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. This is not where the carpet meets wood flooring, there is a hardwood strip then more carpet. I could of course replace them but I much prefer a wood transition to a metal one. I know there are wood ones for the edge of wood flooring but I'v not seen there for between two carpeted areas.

The carpet is felt backed. I may try replacing the gripper with a strip of hardboard and using double sided tape. If that doesn't work i can always tack it after.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back