Worcester 24 cdi radiators get hot when turning hot water on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum so please don't get upset with me if I am asking this question again, but having searched I haven't seen the same tread.
I have a Worcester 24cdi boiler that rarely gave me problems, but I have noticed that the radiators get hot when I open the hot water tap even tough the heating its switched off (not ideal in the summer).
I believe that it might be a faulty diverter valve that its stuck because of a worn diaphragm, but don't want to replace it until I'm almost 100% sure of this.
I have had a similar problem about 8 years ago as the hot water would only work if the heating would be on and it was caused by a faulty diverter valve.
Any help wold be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I'm gonna say...Diverter fault.

moderator note: this is not a DIY fix.

Thanks for your reply.

Will it be ok just to replace the diaphragm or will it be better to replace the whole diverter valve??

In terms of labour it takes actually nearly as long to change the diaphragm. But for a passing valve it's usually the internals sticking because of dirt so I'd say the whole thing.

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone,
Are there any recommended Worcester engineers in the North/west London area>>
Thanks

Its not a job that most engineers want to do on that model.

Many would suggest you get a fixed price repair from Worcester!

Tony

Its not a job that most engineers want to do on that model.

Many would suggest you get a fixed price repair from Worcester!

Tony

Not that bad a job usually. As long as one keeps track of the o rings and the general condition and access of the boiler is OK.

I let a trainee do one himself but under my guidance and it took about 165 minutes! But it was for a friend.

Only showing it to him to demonstrate why they are better left to Worcester.

But then my charging regime is rather different from Dan's and for longer jobs I lose out.

Tony

Two hours is about right as long as the old one isn't welded to the chassis with rust and scale.

I tend to book 3 hours on the calender.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back