Worcester 24 i flue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just like to ask if you would have found this right away. I went to a worcester 24 i yesterday,and the fan was stuck,cleaned it and it went for a while then stuck and we changed it. I stayed and tested h/water and c/heating anyway , today a call " no h/w or c/h". Went back and this had been in since 2001,it was firing and after 1 min cutting off,firing again,off 1 min later,and so on.fan ok,aps,venturi ok,everything looked to be working as it should until after a minute.I was now looking at the flue and it was a vertical flue but when i looked outside it looked ok. I was now upto a hour and he asked "any joy", i told him the truth"im a bit puzzled",id tried a new aps and the same,anyway i told him i was checking the flue and when i did in the loft , i found the air intake was ok , but he had a gap of 4 " that had been left like that since day 1,. How long would you have took ,me 1 1/2 hour's woman moaning saying i should have seen it yesterday,i only charged then £80 to cover the flue ex.

Sponsored Links
So what your saying is you ripped them off for 160 quid yesterday and missed a serious dangerous fault on the flue that could have been lethal and want to know if anyone else would have been such a cowboy, and then charge them again ..

Yes,it was 4 " gap,that had been there for 6 years and had been serviced by b/gas, 3 years on the run until 2006,had worcester lads out 4 times since fitted,and hadnt been found,it was burning perfect when i was there yesterday,telegan v2 analyser was showing no proplem's,so how for 6 yrs has it been ok

Sponsored Links
Namesag,i got £190 for that job,i could have paid full wack for my fan,and today i had to get a flue extension and get back there and sort it out,oh ok ill pay for it,sorry someone didnt do it 6 yr ago,my fault, ok dickhead ,

If i met you id take your eyes out,your horrible,a creature,a piece of ****,and obviousley bent

bubba you are showing your limited intelligence again... never mind its lights out soon

just 1 question , how old are you and how long in this game

If i met you id take your eyes out,your horrible,a creature,a piece of s**t,and obviousley bent

Please bobbo, we are all entitled to our opinion, no need to be rude. If you want to charge £250 for a pump change, that is your business.
And you will have to admit, with this language, a wb with the air intake in the loft, that you found, but 3 bg boys and 4 wb guys could not find, you are starting to sound like someone from liverpool. Did you ask the horrible woman why wb was out 4 times?

A lot longer than the six weeks course you have done and a lot longer than you will ever be in this trade

Give him the benefit bengas its awkward to count when your fingers are behind you in a strait jacket

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back