Worcester 240, bypass screw adj.?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gas, worcester 240 rsf combi boiler and recently had a leak from the bypass assembly. i drained the system and canged the whole assembly. Now its back together i filled it back up to pressure and now when i use the hot water it only gets hot if i put it on to not more than a trickle, if i open the tap anymore the water comes out almost cold. Also now when the heating is on the pressure gage goes right up to about 2.5bar when it gets hot (starts at 1.5) is that normal? Does the small adjustable screw in the bypass assembly need adjusting?

Sponsored Links
I assume you have not adjusted your gas rate so you have probably increased the flow rate at the taps,get your self a jug and a watch and check your flow rate on max at the tap is 9 lt per min. if its above this then replace the flow regulator between the diverter valve and the heat exchanger,no point in testing anything else as all depends on the correct flow rate. The by pass screw is to help balance the heating system, very often not set in the first place by the installer, it left the factory shut the one full turn out (anti clockwise)

Hi thanks for the reply. Just tested the flow rate it was only 7 ltrs in a minute.

Sponsored Links
At 7 lt you should have a temp at the taps of around 48 deg C ,thats for 5 deg cold water with a rise of 41 deg ,what is the temp ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back