Worcester 240 Combi flow switch ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I hope you can help, I have a Worcester 240 Combi boiler installed, it has worked great for a several years.

Yesterday, I was in the shower, and you can guess the rest, cold water shot through and I give the tiles a scare ! :eek:

Now it seems that 50% of the time the hot water demand will kick the heat in and other times it will not start it. Also, using the shower means I get hot water for about a minute before it starts to run cold.

From reading around the internet, it seems like a flow switch problem, can any one else concurr or otherwise? Is this something that a competent DIY person can do?

Many thanks

Peter. -

Sponsored Links
The flow switch on the 240 is activated from the diverter valve, if you lower the control panel by removing the two small screws at the far ends of the panel you will clearly see the brass diverter valve with its black plastic microswich head. At apeak time when the water pressure is low say 5 or 6 pm run the hot tap you should see the plunger come out smoothly and sit against the two micro switches and stay put, if it does not reach or bounces back or cant reach when the tap flow is down to 3 lt per min then you need a new diagphram which is a fairly easy job, just shut off water remove micro switch, undo one pipe connection and undo around 10 fixing screws, about 20 mins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back