Worcester 241i RSF - low hot water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 9 year old 24i that seems to have some sort of partial blockage in the heat exchanger I guess due to scaling, I'm now getting severely reduced flow from the DHW. The boiler has been serviced annuallly & upto now been relatively trouble free.

My main question is whether to go to expense of a power flush/ descaling of the existing heat exchanger or pay out to have a new one fitted.

Would really like a response from somebody in the know as to whether a power flush is a relatively short term fix or if I should bite the bullet & pay for a new heat exchanger.

Sponsored Links
It may just be a flow restrrictor blocked - they can do that, but your boiler IS susceptible to blocking of the h/ex with limescale.

Get the SECONDARY side of the h/ex descaled asap. If you leave it too long they block completely then you can't get any descaler through them.

Usually the primary side is the problem, but that doesn't reduce flow, so yours isn't that problem!

For someone who knows what to do, it isn't difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back