worcester bosch 24i junior heat exchanger replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone fitted the heat exchanger on a 24i junior? I've removed the old one (that took a while), and confirmed that the reason for the low hot water pressure was a scaled up heat exchanger. I've now descaled the heat exchanger and am trying to refit it. Only now I realize I should have just flushed the entire hot water circuit with descaler as I'm finding it impossible to refit the heat exchanger.
Has anyone managed to do this? And is there a special technique, I can't manage to get the heat exchanger over all 4 o-rings at the same time and am unable to then refit the fixing clips, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Finally managed to get them all connected, hot water flowing better than ever. But I'm never replacing one of these ever again !!!!!!

isolate the boiler and drain all water services then disconnect all the wires and harnesses to all the components then disconnect all water connections at the isolation valves then you can remove the complete compact hydraulic in one go easy :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think he did it quite a few hours before you posted that!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back