Worcester 24CDI Pressure Variation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've read through the topics on boiler pressure, but think the problem may be the method I used to replace and refill a radiator - its a Worcester 24CDI boiler.

When removing the radiator a number of weeks ago I locked the radiator flow and return valves and the boiler pressure remained at the normal steady 1 bar when running/not running. Since the radiator has been put back on (last night) the pressure drops to 0.8 bar when cold and increases as the boiler is running to steady 1.3 bar. When the boiler gas light goes off every so often it drops to 1.25 bar before the gas light comes on and the boiler starts again and moves to 1.3 bar. I carried out the following when refitting the radiator;

Connected flow and return valves onto the radiator
Opened radiator bleed screw
Turned boiler on
Opened radiator flow valve
As boiler pressure dropped refilled system using the Worcester plastic key and turning grey knob
When water came out of radiator bleed screw closed bleed screw
Opened radiator return valve
Topped up boiler pressure to 1 bar, again using plastic key and grey knob
Bleed all 8 radiators
Adjusted radiator flow and return valves so heat was the same at flow and return pipes

Can anyone explain the variation in the boiler pressure since the radiator replacement??

I was thinking next steps to either increase boiler pressure to 1 bar when cold and/or bleed a radiator so the running pressure drops to 1 bar - any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sounds normal to me.

Increase the pressure to 1 bar when cold and leave it at that.

You are looking for a problem that is not there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back