worcester 24i/28i combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,i have a worcester boiler 24i/28i and it is not working,it is not providing hot water or heating,i dont think the pilot light is on as it is not firing up as normal,it says in the instruction book that if the overheat cut off has operated the fan or pump will run but the burners will not light, (no spark generation),it says the appliance can be reset by pressing the overheat cut off button,it has a button at the top of the heater but it is more like a plastic screw rather than button as there is nothing to press in,i just wondered if anyone would be able to give me some help on this...

Sponsored Links
There is no pilot light
If thebutton hasn't popped up, it isn't that.
Does the fan run?
Any lights?

hi chris,thanks for reply...it is making a nice not sure if it is the fan,the red light comes on but as i said it is not firing up at all...you mention the button hasnt popped up but its almost just like a plastic bolt at the top,doesnt really look like anything can pop up from it or you can press it..there is no pilot light on it,tried switching the electric switch on and off and putting the heating up high but it just wont come back on,in the instruction booklet it refers to the overheat cut off button which it says you can reset by pressing the button at the top,but its more like a brown plastic screw rather than button??anymore ideas!!!?

With the overheat button the 'X' part. Possibly an APS fault.

Sponsored Links
hi,thanks for replys,i have now got it sorted out,had to call out a guy who told me it was the fan..thanks for your help...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back