Worcester 24i RSF -l Combi No pressure, possible leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was woken up this morning by my wife complaining of no hot water.

The boiler pressure gauge was reading 0. I opened the valve and topped up the pressure, but the boiler isn't sparking. The reset button is not up. I think the fan is going (the boiler's certainly making noise).

I've also noticed that the instruction manual (which is stored below the boiler) is soaking wet. When I opened the bottom flap, I saw that it seems there is water slowly dripping from the bottom left corner of the main boiler unit.

Does this mean there is an internal leak and I need a new boiler? Or could it just be some valve or something that can be repaired?

Cheers,
X

Sponsored Links
Hi I notice you had the same problem i'm sure i now have with my 24i boiler. Did you manage to sort yours out and if you did what was it as it may help me with mine.
Many thanks

The problem was a faulty automatic air vent. This is a device that lets air out of the pressurised system - it was also letting a trickle of water out.

I let the boiler dry out fully, replaced the vent myself using a part from screwfix. I think it was http://www.screwfix.com/prods/97868/Plumbing/Brassware/Bottle-Air-Vent-15mm , but check your size. I had to take the fron cover off, but this was simple enough.

Then I repressurised the system using the relevant valve, and it just worked from there. Cost about £5 in parts, and fairly easy if you are handy with a spanner. If you have the boiler manual it will help.

Hope that helps,
X.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back