Worcester 24i RSF Refill Confirmation check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Front panel showing low pressure

Sorry to be a thick brick but now I am retired I am going to have to learn how to do things for myself as money is really tight.

I live in a static caravan with the 24i RSF combi boiler for CH and hot water. I will admit to being stupid and not reading the book first or checking here(did not know about this site then).

I saw that the pressure was low on the boiler and casting my mind back to what the engineer said earlier this year that it should be about 1.5 and that I should fill to 2.5 and then decrease pressure to 1.5 with the release valve.

I pressed the release valve to see if I had it right but realised then that I did not know how to refill and the book I have does not tell me how.

Reading the FAQ I think I now know how but would like to check first.

Am I right in assuming that I run the silver tube in the image shown on floor between the two right pipes(Mains cold water and CH Return) and then fill untill pressure rises on the guage.

If I can resolve this I will be an hero and will give back to the forum with help in providing support with skills of my own.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Time to be a hero my friend.

Yes attached the braided hose hose between the to fittings and turn the black tap 1/4 turn. You should then here the water rushing into the sytem.

Rico

Yes that's almost right!

Filling to 2.5 and then letting water out, is NOT right, unless it's the first time it's filled.
It's a bad idea to ever let water out through the pressure relief valve, cos it's very likey to never quite seat properly again because of dirt, then dribble.

Chris,

He has already found the filling loop, it is in the second picture.

He just wanted confirmation that he was going to connect the correct pipes with the hose.

Rico

Sponsored Links
OK Guys,

Thank you for the quick response.

I owe the forum and will contribute where I can.

So should I just take it up slowly to 1.5?

Between 1 and 1.5 is fine. It'll go up a bit when the system is on & warm.

You can use "direct" links to ImageBank and you go straight to a pic, like this, by the way, paste the link and click the Img button.:
28486510vy0.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back